Book Club Returns to Holyoke High

The return of the Holyoke High’s book club hopes to gain new members and reach success.

Book Club Returns to Holyoke High

Staff advisor Mr. Dragon has high hopes for the book club, originally started last year, this 2016-2017 school year.The idea behind book club is to come, hang out, and talk about books and reading in general.

“Even if you’re not big into reading, I encourage you to try it out,” English teacher and book lover Mr. Dragon explains. “Sometimes just reading the right book is what can get you hooked!”

Mr. Dragon also encourages students bring their own book choices because the club isn’t run on a curriculum, just good old book discussion.

“I have plenty of great books for them to use along with their own,” notes Mr. Dragon. “We can all read the same book or different ones; it really depends on what the students want!”

The book club is an exciting extracurricular that needs a rebirth at Holyoke High, and The Herald encourages anyone interested to give it a try!

Book club plans to meet on Tuesdays in room G4 right after school and welcomes any student who wants to explore the wonder of books.And always remember, “Books give us a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the
imagination, and life to everything.”

Holyoke High School students, make sure to save the date for Tuesday, October 17th if you’re interested in joining book club!