Make The Little Mermaid Part Of Your World This March At Holyoke High

Tickets are going on sale starting March 12 for this year’s musical performance, The Little Musical.

Holyoke High School is going “under the sea” for this year’s annual musical event, The Little Mermaid. The Little Mermaid is Disney’s classic tale of a young mermaid princess who longs to experience the world of humans, so she makes a deal with an evil witch to walk among them. The original was praised for its catchy soundtrack and memorable characters, and HHS students are hard at work preparing for the highly anticipated event and are set to deliver their usual stellar performance.

Ariel, the little mermaid herself and the title role, will be played by senior Taina Reyes. “I’m so excited to be playing the role of Ariel! It’s every child’s dream,” says Reyes. “I can’t wait for everyone to experience life under the sea.”

Actors and dancers are vigorously rehearsing  as the weeks leading to the show are dwindling, and stage crew members have been working hard on the set of the play – an expansive set that includes a massive ship and Triton’s glowing trident. Every year, the transformation of the Holyoke High School auditorium into another world is always a highlight. 

This year will be a memorable  night for senior Dylan Lasante (who is playing Ariel’s seagull companion Scuttle) who will be  performing in his final HHS musical.

“This show has always been a staple in Holyoke High School,” says Lasante. “It has always been a way for people to connect and learn new skills. The Little Mermaid has truly been a challenge for the cast and crew, but I am convinced it will be one of the best shows ever performed at Holyoke High.”

You won’t want to miss this spectacular event! Make Holyoke High’s production of Little Mermaid “part of your world” March 22nd through Saturday, March 24th at 7:30pm, or attend the matinee performance on Sunday, March 25th at 2:00 pm. Tickets go on sale starting Monday, March 12th at HHS and The Cottage in Holyoke.