• HHS' 1st Knight Life Dance will be held on 04/05 at the North Campus Caf! Tickets are $5 and are sold at the door!

• On Sat. 04/06 head over to Chipotle for dinner to support Mr.Baldwin's science classes who are going on a whale watch soon!

• Come join environmental club, Mondays Rm.302 after school!

• The Robotics Club is seeking new members! See Mr.Belanger for more information!

The Significance of Movies

Back to Article
Back to Article

The Significance of Movies

All year, new movies come out, from horror to comedy to action. Movies are the best thing to watch. You can just sit home and relax with families, friends, and even your partner.

The newest movies that came out recently are Aquaman, Mary Poppins Returns, Bumblebee, Spiderman: Into the Spider-verse, Ralph Breaks the Internet, and so many more. Most of them seem to have good reviews on Rotten Tomatoes. The Aquaman movie had a review of 65%, Mary Poppins Returns has a review of 78%, Bumblebee has a review of 93% (of course this one has a high review, I mean, who doesn’t love Bumblebee or any of the transformers movies?) Ralph Breaks the Internet has a review of 88%, and Spiderman: Into the Spider-verse has a review of 97%.

Rotten Tomatoes is a website where movies are reviewed and given a percentage as to how good they are or how bad. If a movie scores a 59 or less it is a Rotten Green Tomato which isn’t good at all, but if a movie scores higher than a 59, that means the movie is good and worthy to watch. Some people rely on Rotten Tomatoes when they go to the movies so they won’t waste their money on a movie that wasn’t worth watching.

People love to go to the movie theaters on weekends, but on weekdays it’s somewhat good. For example, the price on Wednesdays in West Springfield is way cheaper than going to the movies on a weekend. One good thing they do in the movies is give the opportunity to join a club that you must pay a monthly fee for, but you get free 2D tickets and discounts. The movies aren’t that far away, and the workers are really nice, so you are treated well there. The food is great, the lobbies are cool, and the arcade is fun, especially when you’re waiting for your movie to start and you want to play something with someone or just play something in general.

In the cinema rooms, you get to watch previews of other movies and have these really comfy chairs that you can lay back in with a tray in front of you for your food. Just watching movies with people gets you to bond even better because you have things to talk about and can express what you liked and what you disliked. You can share laughs, pass time, and even be entertained. You don’t always have to go to the movie theaters to watch movies and bond. You can stay home and rent a movie, go on Netflix, Hulu, or any other place that you can watch movies. You can stay in and have a nice warm homemade meal while watching the movie of your choice.