French Club Trip to Lexington

French Teacher Ingrid Vega takes her students to “La Grande Fete de la Francophonie fed Ecoles 2017.”

Holyoke High French Teacher Mrs. Ingrid Vega.

Thanks to Principal Sullivan Mrs. Lisa Monson, Holyoke High School’s French Language teacher Madame Vega was able to take a few students from all grade levels to an event in Lexington MA called “La Grande Fete de la Francophonie fed Ecoles 2017.” There, the students were with other schools, surrounded by French culture and celebrating the French speaking countries.

750 students from about 16 different schools in New England gathered together to participate in fun activities, such as trivia games and singing along to songs by the French band called Atlas Soul.

“It was really fun! I enjoyed the musical performance at the end the most.” Said John Rivera ‘18. They were provided with lyrics to one of their more popular songs called “Tout Le Bonheur Du Monde” (Kids United).

Madame Vega got up on stage and was able to partake in the trivia games, which had a chance to win prizes. There was also a raffle with a chance to win a trip to Paris where the students could continue their studies while still on a wonderful vacation in France.

“All students represented Holyoke High and their community very proudly,” said Madame Vega. “The students who participated made this event successful and fun.” Madame Vega also would  like the thank the other chaperones, Mr. McAndrew and Mrs. Hobert, for helping out.

The students are looking forward to more events like this one in the future.