Sophomore Amber Brueshaber To Attend National Academy Of Future Physicians

Congratulations Amber!

This past March, Amber Brueshaber, a sophomore at HHS, was nominated by Dr.Robert Darling,the medical director of the National Academy of Future Physicians and Medical Scientists, to attend the National Academy of Future Physicians and Medical Scientists Congress and represent Holyoke High School. Breushaber’s exceptional academic performance on her PSATs, interest of being in the medical field, and leadership qualities contributed to her being invited to attend this conference.

At the conference, Brueshaber will be given the unique opportunity of getting to view surgery and learn more about medical-related topics with other high school students from across the US. She will also get to hear many important people in the medical field speak, such as Michael S. Brown, M.D. and Sir Richard Roberts, Ph.D, who both received the Nobel Prize. She will receive an Award of Achievement at the end of the Congress for her participation.

“I feel like it’s a really good opportunity to have this experience while I’m still in high school and I’m really excited,” said Brueshaber, co 19, when asked about how she felt about the Congress.

The Congress will be held from June 25-27 in Lowell, MA and Brueshaber will receive recognition and be honored for her hard work. She will also receive mentoring and encouragement constantly throughout the Congress to strive for her dreams and help her grow into a successful medical leader in the years to come.

Congratulations to Amber on receiving this important honor!