Poetry Society Resurfaces

The Poetry Society has come back to a Holyoke High School with the help of three dedicated seniors.

On November 17th, 2017, the Poetry Society, will have its first meeting. After a year of dormancy, the club has been re-established by three seniors, Abner, Emma, and A’knesha, with strong ambitions to allow students to express themselves in writing. They will meet every Friday in room 105 right after school.

Abner Aldarondo ‘18, one of the three seniors, said, “Students have always felt welcome to share their personal poetry, so I felt that, especially after the response to the [Hispanic Heritage]  assembly, there should be a forum for students to express their feelings without backlash.”

Emma Kane, another senior involved in the reunion, said, “Our goal for Poetry Society is to create a safe space where students can share poetry, as well as further develop their own from constructive criticism.”

Everyone involved is excited about the return of the club and are eager to welcome anyone who joins. “We welcome everyone, whether you want to share, listen, or learn. We welcome you and we’d love for you and your bright creative spirits to join us!” said A’knesha Davis ‘18

Join the Poetry Society on November 17 for the sharing of poetry, ideas, and fun.