Pink Out Day 2018

Pink Out Day 2018

October is breast cancer awareness month. With this month coming to a close, the Holyoke High School Student Government Association decided that the students needed to do something to spread awareness for breast cancer. The students came to a decision to have pink day: a day that anyone wanting to show support for breast cancer could dress in pink. This pink day took place last Friday, October 26th.

Mr. Bechard is the advisor for student government, and when he heard the students wanted to do something for breast cancer awareness, he jumped on the opportunity. “I believe it’s a great cause and I’m proud that my students wanted to do something to show awareness,” Mr. Berchard said, “Seeing so many students affected by this particular disease, the SGA decided to seize the opportunity to call attention to the issue and raise much needed funds.“

Holyoke High’s pink day was a success! Many students dressed in pink to show pride for those who have to battled breast cancer. Anna Price is a senior at HHS, and she participated in the school wide event. When asked why she took part in it, she responded, “I participated in pink day because I believe we need to spread awareness about diseases such as breast cancer so that we can come together to find resources to help cure it.” Many of the students at HHS dressed up in pink for the same exact reason Anna did.

Because of the continued success of this themed dress event, the student government hopes to continue it for years to come. Next year, they hope to spread even more awareness and establish it as a Holyoke High school tradition.