• Congrats to the Boys' XC Team on their undefeated season!

• The Robotics Club is seeking new members! See Mr.Belanger for more information!

Mr. Baldwin’s Science Classes Plan Field Trip to Boston

Mr. Baldwin's science classes, who are hoping to go to the New England Aquarium & a whale watch, will be holding a Chipotle Fundraiser on April 7th to finance the trip.

On Wednesday, May 2nd many students from Mr. Baldwin’s science classes will be heading to Boston for a whale watch and aquarium visit!

With new academies being instituted next year and new electives replacing some old ones, this year will be the last year that Marine Biology will be offered at Holyoke High. Because of this, Mr.Baldwin thought that it would be as good of a time as ever to make this trip happen before the class is gone.

“I love marine biology and learning about new animals, like sea turtles,” said Chamile Cruz, a student in Mr.Baldwin’s Marine biology class. “I’m psyched for the the whale watch and the aquarium visit too, giving us the opportunity to see some of these animals up close.”

The trip was originally only intended for marine biology students, but Mr.Baldwin soon opened it up to his other classes, such as AP Environmental Science, as well.

“I love teaching marine biology and am very grateful that I’ve had the opportunity to teach it for so many years,” said Mr.Baldwin. “I think a whale watch and aquarium visit would be very fun, especially for my marine biology kids who have learned about so many marine organisms through this class and i believe this would be a great send off for the marine bio class. I’ve never taken my students on a whale watch before and think it’s awesome that so many students from across my classes are interested and planning to attend.”

While students are receiving a major discount on ticket prices for the whale watch and aquarium, there is still the issue of paying for a bus to take the students to Boston, which is fairly costly. In order to reduce total prices for students, a fundraiser will be held at the Chipotle on Whiting Farms Road in Holyoke, on Saturday, April 7 from 4-8pm. Please consider going to Chipotle between these hours, buying some burritos, and telling the cashier that you’re there to support the cause to help make this awesome experience possible for the students!

1 Comment

One Response to “Mr. Baldwin’s Science Classes Plan Field Trip to Boston”

1. JuiceMagazine on April 7th, 2018 6:32 pm

@ raven : Yeah, the book was available on the boat, and you could pre-order it to read before hitting the Baja which we did. It was a book from another time, somewhat condescending to the locals, who were at that time from another time and place. Today it was pretty advanced, with a University, Walmart, etc @ Waratah : No whales in today”s photos, just whale sharks, which are the size of small whales and are filter feeders with no teeth, which must be a hard thing for a shark!! @ mainmata : Well, I thought they were interesting, but I”m a hillbilly who only sees these things once every couple of decades, and I thought both of those yachts were more exotic that the average big boat. We haven”t even started the whale watching cruise yet! This is the land side introduction. Way more fish, whales, birds, sea lions, etc in the near future when Alain gets them ready. More whales that you could believe, or than I could believe. I was amazed, my expectations were more like what you see today of the whale sharks, and those expectations were blown away by lunchtime of our first day underway, so be prepared to see lots of whale pictures. Really, the hard thing is picking the better, best photos from the hundreds of exposures I made.

*

• Mr. Baldwin’s Science Classes Plan Field Trip to Boston

Op/Ed

The MCAS: Should It Be a Graduation Requirement?

Knight Life

Recap of the Senior Cross Campus Cookout

Knight Life

The Pep Rally: Why It Needs to be Longer & Better

Knight Life

An Op-Ed & Preview of the Jr/Sr Prom

Knight Life

Continuing the Dynasty of the Holyoke High School Band

Showcase

Knights Ready to Tackle Taconic Braves

Op/Ed

One School Two Campuses Comes to Life

Op/Ed

The Motivation to Go to School

Knight Life

Holyoke High North Campus Holds Annual Latino Heritage Assembly

Creative Corner

Is It Written in the Stars?