• HHS' 1st Knight Life Dance will be held on 04/05 at the North Campus Caf! Tickets are $5 and are sold at the door!

• On Sat. 04/06 head over to Chipotle for dinner to support Mr.Baldwin's science classes who are going on a whale watch soon!

• Come join environmental club, Mondays Rm.302 after school!

• The Robotics Club is seeking new members! See Mr.Belanger for more information!

Valentine’s Day is Here

Back to Article
Back to Article

Valentine’s Day is Here

February 14th is here, and people don’t know what to get their loved ones. They leave this to the last moment and tend to forget to get their loved one’s a present, but February 14th is the best day in the whole month of February because it is the day when love is spread and people spend the day with the person they love.

Typical gifts one can get the person one loves are boxes of chocolate, flowers, a teddy bear, or maybe even a piece of jewelry. Of course, you don’t have to buy something, you can take your valentine out on a date to the movies or out to eat. It doesn’t have to be someone buying something for another person all the time; the small things count too. You can even let your creativity come out and create something for them. They’ll love that the most because that came out of the love from your heart and you yourself made that. You can even stay at home with the person you love and just spend the whole day with them.

People wonder what kind of music to listen to on Valentine’s day or they even wonder if there are types of music for Valentine’s day. There’s a lot of songs that you can listen to on Valentine’s day or jam to when the day comes. (I mean, you don’t only have to listen to them on Valentine’s day because they’re love songs, but it’s best to listen to them on Valentine’s day or dedicate them to the person you love.) Some songs for Valentine’s day are, “Dive” and “Perfect” by Ed Sheeran, etc. Of course, there’s not only Ed Sheeran songs that talk about love, but his songs are the most popular when it comes to it.

The song “Perfect” by Ed Sheeran is about Ed’ss then-girlfriend, and now fiance, who he knew from school. And they found each other again when she was working in New York. This song makes people want to listen to it and dedicate it to the person they love. It’s nice and catchy, and if you listen to the lyrics, you can probably relate. This song is the perfect love song to dance to or just listen to with the person you love, maybe even sing the song to them. I give this song a rating of 5/5 because this song is downright beautiful.

The song “Dive” by Ed Sheeran is about a sensitive guy who’s in love with a girl but never had a good relationship so he’s afraid of getting hurt again. Leading him to tell the girl not to play with his feelings because he can’t deal with it anymore. This song can relate to people as well, people who have been hurt a lot and are looking for love but are afraid to love again because they think they would be hurt. This song also gets a rating of 5/5 because it is catchy and you can just jam to it, dance, or break out in lyrics. His songs are the one that you want to listen to when it comes to Valentines. It seems like he’s the cupid to many people.

Don’t wait until the last moment to get the person you love a present, especially when the stores are filled with a whole bunch of people who are getting their loved ones presents too. Get it early so you have everything done and can decorate the things you got them, or make it beforehand. Spend a good day with that person and have fun, just show them that you genuinely love and care for that person.