What Is The Guidance Coffee Club?

The newest club at HHS is an effort by the guidance department to help students with issues important to their academic success in a laid back and relaxed environment.

Our+HHS+Guidance+Department%3A+Mr.+OConner%2C+Mrs.+Horton%2C+Mrs.+Izquierdo%2C+Mrs.+Nadeau%2C+Mrs.+Bryla%2C+and+Mr.+Gonzalez.+

Our HHS Guidance Department: Mr. O’Conner, Mrs. Horton, Mrs. Izquierdo, Mrs. Nadeau, Mrs. Bryla, and Mr. Gonzalez.

November 21st at 7:30am was the Guidance Coffee Club’s second meeting. It’s a new club at Holyoke High school that happens in the teacher’s cafeteria. They served hot chocolate, donuts, orange juice and coffee.

This Coffee Club is more than just another high school club: It’s a nice gathering of guidance counselors and students who talk about important issues related to college and the future of the students. For November’s meeting, guidance talked to the students about GPAs important it is to keep them and get into a good college.

The councilors really enjoy running this club because it’s something different to do with students and it gives the students somewhere to go in the morning before school actually starts. Any student is welcome to go at any time.

Come to a meeting of the Guidance Coffee Club!

Hanna Smith ‘16 thinks the club “is very helpful and it helps kids realize they have a lot to do. It’s beneficial.”

If you’re interested in mingling with your fellow students and the guidance counselors, the next meeting will be December 19. The topic of discussion will be preparing for midterms with tips from teachers.