Moses Oquendo Making a New Name for Himself at New England College

Annalyse McBride, Social Media Manager

As of March 3rd, Moses Oquendo has officially signed his letter of intent to wrestle at New England College in Henniker, New Hampshire. This college has a lot to offer both academically and athletically. When asked why he chose New England College to further both of those careers he said, “I chose it because the coach really believed in me and it’s a nice school.” 

Being in his senior year this would have been his 3rd season with the team he has wrestled with since his sophomore year. The second season he experienced with his team is the season he said he would deem most memorable. “I’ve been through some tough situations, good and bad, mostly good because that season helped me grow as an athlete and push my limits.” He thanks his teammates and coaches for always believing in him and for the continuous support.

His major is currently undecided but New England College offers many academic opportunities so picking a major that will fit his needs won’t be a problem. His high school academic career started at Holyoke High School North Campus but he eventually switched to the South Campus at Holyoke High School to pursue different opportunities.

At the signing his mother, father, and younger sister sat with him as he signed his letter of intent. His mother thanked the coach for supporting Moses and coaching him not only during wrestling but helping to guide him in life. She also talked about how she enjoyed the environment of New England College and the academic standards they’ll hold him to. We know he will go on to do great things.