HHS Senior Announces Auditions For Short Film

Luis Melendez

Have you ever wondered what it’s like to be a part of a horror movie? If you are a student at Holyoke High School, you have the opportunity to audition for “Code White,” a short horror film written and directed by Luis Melendez. 

The short film “Code White” follows a group of teens that decide they want to visit an abandoned downtown school to drink and party. When they arrive, everything seems to be going well until they start hearing and noticing weird things. When they attempt to leave, they find themselves locked in the school with somebody else. Students begin getting murdered one by one and everyone needs to find their way out or accept their death.  

If you are interested in acting or even helping out with the process, please feel free to come to our auditions this Tuesday, March 21st in Room 301. We will promptly begin auditions at 2:40pm. And our callbacks will take place on March 23rd  in Room 301 at 2:40 pm as well! This opportunity is a great way to get involved on campus but also help the Senior class with their final projects this year. 

Most importantly, sign ups for “Code White” have been highly successful. So far at least 20 volunteers have signed up to audition for this short film. Our director, Luis Melendez,  is very ecstatic to see everyone attend! 

In addition, this is Luis’ first time writing and directing since he is typically starring in a variety of performances. This project in total, has taken Luis around 8 months to create and produce. 

Overall, seeing it come to life and the widespread interest has been very humbling for him since the project began as a very small idea.

We look forward to seeing more Holyoke High Students this afternoon! Again, if you want to know more, we will be discussing project details and roles in room 301 today. 

Good luck on auditions!