Holyoke High’s JV and Varsity Softball Seasons coming to a close

Savannah Donnelly, Herald Staff

The girl’s softball season is slowly coming to an end, with two weeks remaining. Our Lady Knights are working hard to finish the amazing season off on a good note. These upcoming  weeks will be busy with back-to-back games as well as practices.

Playing their first game of the week on Monday, May 8th, Holyoke High’s JV Softball defeated Palmer by one run. The team had many highlights during the game, with Arializ Resto hitting a grand slam for our Purple Knights. Additionally, Sadie Swindell hit doubles in back-to-back at bats.

The second game for the team was on Wednesday, May 10th. The Knights lost the game against Amherst but showed good sportsmanship and continued to showcase positive energy, as they have all season.

Although the Knights lost, there were many highlights for the team at the game. Sadie Swindell smacked a base hit and Savannah Donnelly hit a triple. Finally, Jayvi made a quick recovery, diving back to third base after the Amherst pitcher attempted to catch her stealing home. 

The Varsity Softball Team’s Senior Knight was on May 15th, 2023. Families, friends and teammates celebrated the three Senior members of the team: Isabella Murphy, Jaycalee Santos and Jenialis Camacho. The team wishes to extend their support and love for the three girls who will be beginning a new chapter of their lives in the fall.

Varsity then played an amazing game against Springfield International Charter School, winning by a final score of 10-3. The team was led by a stellar pitching performance from Sophomore Kylie Blaha.

The final week of the softball season is officially upon us. Come support our Lady Knights and go to a game to cheer on both Varsity and JV teams.

Both  JV and Varsity softball will be playing in Southwick on Wednesday, May 17th. The JV game is scheduled for 5:30PM. And the Varsity game will be held shortly after, at 6:00PM.

The Junior Varsity’s final game of the season will be on May 19th. The Knights will be facing off against Gateway at Mckenzie Field. The first pitch is scheduled for 4PM.

The Herald would like to congratulate both teams on a highly successful season. Make sure to show your support by attending games and staying up-to-date on all the action. Go Knights!