Student Government Elections 2023-2024

Student Government Elections 2023-2024

Sadie Swindell, Herald Staff

Student Government Elections are happening once again for next year’s school year 2023-2024. The new school year will bring new advisors, who will officially be Mr. Zorrilla and Ms. Colon Rivera. 

The elections will be for the classes of 2024, 2025, and 2026. To be able to run you must hand in a nomination form with 50 signatures from the students. The google form for the elections will be sent out on Friday June 2 after school, for the class that you are in. Winners will be announced on Monday, June 7. 

Mr. Zorrilla and Ms Colon Rivera are motivated through becoming the new Student Government advisors, as they want to provide students with an unforgettable and thrilling high school experience. Mr. Zorrilla strongly believes in and encourages other students to participate in the Student Government so that their voices can be heard. He, as an advisor, hopes to instill a strong responsibility, commitment, and to have the importance of enjoying a rich and fulfilling high school experience.  

Mr. Zorrilla and Ms. Colon Rivera decided to become the new advisors because they are dedicated to transforming the students’ high school experience into a positive way. As advisors, they strongly believe that by utilizing our creative abilities, they can inspire and encourage their students to participate in various activities and events throughout their time in high school. Their ultimate goal is to cultivate a supportive and inclusive environment that fosters growth and success for all of their students.  

Official Election Announcement:

The class of 2026 Student Government Representatives are Linken Geddis as President, Kirsten St. Lawrence as Vice President, Mia Ortiz as Secretary , Samantha Rodriguez as Treasurer, and Lily Tapion as Marshall. The class Representatives are Edwin Camacho and Cassidy Padua.

The class of 2025 Student Government Representatives are Davian Diaz as President, Arthur Mazzu as Vice President, Sadie Swindell as Secretary, Maria Burgos-Bernier as Treasurer, and Bryn Sullivan as Marshall. The class representatives are Siobhan Armstrong, Kylie Blaha, Marlias Camacho, Micheal Melendez, Mohab Ramadan and Cian Callahan. 

The class of 2024 Student Government Representatives are Veronica Colon as President, Kelsy Brainard as Vice President, Alivia Kaifer as Secretary, Brenna Phillips as Treasurer, and Pablo Tapion as Marshall. The class Representatives are Jaylene Moquin.