Knights Rights Champions: April 2016

Every month, HHS will recognize six students who demonstrated commitment to the HHS core values. See whose being recognized for the month of April!

Connor+Norton%2C+JAnthony+Smith%2C+Julie+Curet%2C+Jomairaliz+Serrano%2C+Aidelyz+Ruiz+Robles%2C+and+Alexander+Figueroa+have+demonstrated+the+HHS+core+values+for+the+month+of+April%21+

Connor Norton, J’Anthony Smith, Julie Curet, Jomairaliz Serrano, Aidelyz Ruiz Robles, and Alexander Figueroa have demonstrated the HHS core values for the month of April!

Every month, Holyoke High will honor a group of students who have embodied the HHS Core Values: Respect, Integrity, Generosity, Humility, Trust, and Strength.

This month, Alexander Figueroa was nominated for demonstrating respect. Alex demonstrates respect for himself when walks the halls at HHS in an orderly manner, the way he relates to his classmates, the way he dresses as well as the manner in which he enters the classroom ready to do the assigned work. He was nominated by Spanish teacher Mrs. Dejesus.

dsc_0009

J’Anthony Smith was nominated for demonstrating integrity. J’Anthony conducts himself with dignity and Ms. Carlo, the teacher who nominated him, admires how respectfully he interacts with others in the school community. He is one of the most mature, engaged and dedicated students in his class.

dsc_0008

Aidelyz Ruiz Robles was nominated for showing generosity. Aidelyz is an excellent student who is always ready to help others, challenge herself, and help out in advisory with all grades. She also shares her notes with others when needed. Aidelyz was nominated by French teacher Mrs. Vega.

dsc_0014

Julie Curet was nominated because she showed humility. Ms. River, the teacher who nominated her, has this say: “Julie is very helpful to her classmates and friends. She recently came in with a student from one of my other classes to ask how she can help her better her grade. She is also very humble and very funny.”

Julie

Jomairaliz Serrano was recognized this month for showing trust. What makes Jomairaliz an incredible person is how her teachers and classmates can rely on her with both personal and academic topics. She is also currently helping Ms. Correa in teaching Conversational Spanish to teachers. She was nominated by Mr. Colon.

dsc_0011

Finally, Connor Norton was recognized for demonstrating strength. Connor was nominated by Mrs. Hobert, who is moved by the boundless curiosity and joy Connor brings to any endeavor he undertakes. He overcomes any adversity with his positive attitude and he encourages students to excel in the classroom.

dsc_0007

Congratulations to all the knights who demonstrated our HHS core values this month. Come back soon to see next month’s nominees!