Herald Seniors Say Goodbye 2016

Our senior staff leaves their final words of wisdom.

Another year, another group of seniors on our staff moving on! Here are some words of wisdom from our seniors as well as their plans for next year.

Matt Antil, Features Editor

Matt’s Advice to underclassmen: “Enjoy these four years as they will be some of the best times and fastest years of your life.”

Matt will be attending the University of Rhode Island to study pharmacy after school.

Melanie Kos, Editor-in-Chief

Melanie’s advice to underclassmen: “There is a difference between confidence and conceitedness, please learn it. Always be grateful for every opportunity you are granted; it is a privilege, not a right, and a fleeting one at that. Put school first before anything else, as all the rest will eventually come after all your work. Also, never trust the Salisbury steak at lunch. Or the meatloaf.”

Melanie will be attending Dartmouth next year majoring in Biology.

Ana Diaz-Moore

Ana’s advice to underclassmen: “Get involved! I have always liked to be busy and getting involved whether it was sports, clubs, or the musical, has helped me to really enjoy all of high school and to make so many great friends because of it! Also don’t be scared to challenge yourself and try things out of your comfort zone!”

Ana plans to study biology pre-med at the University of Rhode Island next fall to eventually go into neuroscience.

Alex Glanville, Humble Staff Reporter

Alex’s advice to underclassmen: “The first few weeks of high school I was really nervous and couldn’t wait for high school to be over. Get involved in sports and talk to people you wouldn’t expect to be friends with, you’ll be surprised. That lady you thought was scary who hands out detention in the morning will become one of your favorite teachers and someone you’ll talk to every day. Don’t be discouraged by your golf scores your first year, the team will only get better. Finally enjoy every moment you have at Holyoke High and don’t wish anything away.”

Alex post high school plans are to attend Worcester Polytechnic Institute where he will major in electrical and computer engineering, and then eventually move to Boston and share season tickets to the Red Sox with his brother.

Katie Harting

Katie’s advice to underclassmen: “Make the best out of the years you have.”

Katie’s plans for after high school are to attend Holyoke Community College for two years then transfer somewhere to start her education career.

Summer Kaeppel, Public Relations/Social Media Manager

Summer’s advice to underclassmen: “Don’t wish it away. Even if you hate high school, appreciate your youth, you will never have less responsibilities than you do now. It’s important to work hard but don’t over stress yourself (like I did/do) I had a 27 my first week of geometry but I’m still going to college! Also, don’t eat the Salisbury steak and it’s completely acceptable to throw elbows when its breakfast for lunch. P.S. I don’t advise doing this, but it’s ok if it happens.”

Summer is going to further her education at UMass Amherst and major in communication

Raegan Loughrey

Raegan’s advice to underclassmen: “Be in The Herald.”

Raeghan plans to go to Holyoke Community College for a semester after high school then transfer to UMass Amherst

Lindsey Martins, Public Relations/Calendar Manager

Martins’ advice to underclassmen: “Make sure that you work hard. Every year counts, even if you don’t think they do.”

Lindsey plans to further her studies at American International College to study occupational therapy and eventually obtain a master’s degree.

Hanna Smith, Sports Editor

Hanna’s advice to underclassmen: “First and foremost, believe in yourself. I can’t express how important that aspect is. From there you should always put your best foot forward so you can look back and have no regrets. Take chances. Take the time to live, learn, and figure out who you truly are. And never lose sight of your dreams.”

Hanna will be going to the University of Massachusetts in the fall to major in Natural Resource Conservation

Evan Sullivan

Evan’s advice to underclassmen: “Do not slack off, but do not forget to enjoy the time and have fun.”

Nathan Yee

Yee’s advice to underclassmen: “Enjoy your time in high school and have fun in the process.”

Nathan will be enrolling at the University of Massachusetts to major in Hospitality Management in the upcoming school year