Freshman Academy Open House A Success

The Freshman Academy hosted an Open House for parents or guardians to have an opportunity to meet with teachers and ask questions.

On November 16th, from 6:00 to 8:00 pm, Holyoke High school’s new Freshmen Academy had its own separate Open House. This assembly is prioritized for students’ parents or guardians so they can get a feel of what new opportunities the school has to offer for their first year high school students.

There was plenty of notice given for this open house so parents had the chance to clear their schedule on the 16th for the important day. Teachers wanted as many families to go as possible. Child care was provided for any young children who had to come along and would rather be out of the cafeteria. Senior members of Student Government greeted families at the entrance as well.

“I’m very excited for the opportunity to meet more of the parents, guardians, and family of our students. It’s important to me that they feel included and informed as to what’s going on at school,” Mr. Reagan, a math teacher in the Freshman Academy, said about this event. “It’s also nice to show off some of the great work that has been done in our classrooms thus far.”

All in all, the freshmen open house was a good turnout with many parents having attended and several students accompanied them. Parents could ask any teacher questions about their child’s behavior, grades, curriculum, or just the class itself.

The Freshmen Academy advisers hope to find other ways to bring in even more families at other upcoming events. They hope to see everyone at the next assembly!