Reverse Job Shadow

The Reverse Job Shadow provides freshmen with examples of future careers and how they can get where they want to go in life.

Reverse Job Shadow

During the Reverse Job Shadow on November 21, speakers will present to freshmen about their respective careers to pique their curiosity about different careers and how they relate to the academies that will be introduced next year. In their presentations, the speakers will also talk about the pathway needed for the career they are presenting, such as education and skills.

Coming out of the presentations, the students are expected to learn their “essential skills,” including: the importance of being on time, being prepared, dressed for the position, and being able to collaborate with others. Students will also be able to see the path that they need to take in order to be a professional in that field.

Jacob Belanger, head of the Medical and Life Science Academy, has high hopes for the Reverse Job Shadow introducing the goal of the academies.

“I hope that students will get a positive experience that will make them put their education in perspective,” says Belanger. “[I hope] it sparks more community and industry partnerships towards work-based learning.”

The Reverse Job Shadow allows students to see how a career they are interested in intersects with the academies. It highlights the great opportunities the academies will provide students in the coming years to reach the career they are interested in. The freshmen will be exposed to different careers and the pathway associated with it on November 21 from 8 am to 10 am.