• There will be a STEM info session/open house on Feb.11 from 4-5pm at Holyoke High South Campus!

• Goodluck to all HHS students on their midterms this week!

• Come join environmental club, Mondays Rm.302 after school!

• The Robotics Club is seeking new members! See Mr.Belanger for more information!

Spotlight On: The Business Club

The Business Club is a growing club and currently the biggest at Holyoke High, with about 50 members. It’s popularity can be attributed to it’s fun events and field trips. Former HHS teacher, Mrs. Reardon, used to be the Business club adviser, but when she left last year, she left the club in the hands of Mr. Baru. Baru is very excited to advise the club and has many ideas for the years to come!

Every year, the business club fundraises for a different cause. In recent years, they’ve raised money for breast cancer awareness and suicide prevention. They’ve  done walks and dances, which have proven to be successful as they’ve raised hundreds of dollars for these charities. “The business club makes these events fun for everyone involved,” said Tessa Moriarty ‘19,  “and it’s just a great time to spend time with friends while raising money for a good cause.”

A small percentage of the proceeds from fundraisers also go towards field trips. Every year, they do a field trip in the springtime. Last year the business club went to Patriots Place and did escape rooms. “I had a great time on the field trip last year and I look forward to going again this year!” said Sadie Pecia ‘19.

Mr. Baru, now being in charge of the Business Club, wants to switch things up a little. He hopes to do two field trips this year instead of just one. The first to the Boston Aquarium and the second in the spring to New York City. Baru is excited for this new school year and has high hopes for this great club.

By the end of next year, the Business Club hopes to have many more members and to continue to be the biggest club in Holyoke High School! Any Holyoke High students interested in the Business Club feel free to visit Mr. Baru in room 207, as it is never too late to join!