Comedy comes to Holyoke High as students and staff share a night of laughter

Hannah Boucher-Hendricks, Social Media Director

The Sears Auditorium became a comedy club Tuesday night, as comedy came to Holyoke High School with students, administrators, teachers and staff all coming together for a night of laughter.

Keep Laughing Entertainment and GRQ Entertainment presented “No Chill, the Holyoke High School Episode Honorable Laughter on Tuesday at Holyoke High School North Campus.  Honor students from both campuses of Holyoke High were invited to the first-ever Comedy Night, making for a fun, relaxed and rewarding night of entertainment on the North Campus.

“No Chill” included a collection of several local comedians who had several comedy games performed live on stage in front of the students.  They were able to make students laugh in a positive way about school and their teachers, all in good fun of course.  Many teachers joined in, even on stage along with students, allowing for a fun night of comedy for all members of our school community.

It’s great to incorporate a good sense of humor and comedy into a school environment, especially during a time of stress in students due to upcoming mid-terms.  It was nice to have students and teachers get involved with an after-school event where they can all share a good laugh together.

Holyoke High School is potentially going to bring back the event, which would be a good chance to further student involvement with their school community.