Upcoming Senior events for the end of the 2022-23 School Year

Patrick Sweeney, Editor-in-Chief

Seniors at Holyoke High School have less than one month of traditional classroom instruction before Final Exams are administered. With the end of the school year quickly approaching, many celebrations will be held for our Senior class. Traditional events such as Class Day will be held, as well as a Senior Sunset. Gradually, all of these happenings will lead up to the Class of 2023 Graduation date in early June. 

Prior to the kickoff of the Senior events, finals week will be held for all Seniors at the end of May. The last week of traditional school is April 15th-19th, giving teachers ample time to review relevant content before releasing exams. 

On Monday, May 22nd, Seniors will take their A and C Block final exams. Tuesday’s schedule will feature B and D Block final exams. Lastly, Seniors will wrap up their exams by taking E, F and G Block Finals on Wednesday, May 24th.

Exam makeups will be held for Seniors who cannot attend the regularly scheduled exam days. And any Seniors who need to make up Final Exams can do so on Thursday, May 25th. Seniors who completed all of their exams prior to Thursday are not required to report to school on Thursday. 

May 25th officially marks the kickoff of Senior events, starting with Senior Sunset being held from 6-8PM. It will provide food and games and will culminate with the Seniors watching the beautiful sunset. More information will soon be released in relation to games and food that will be offered. 

Friday, May 26th will feature the Senior Breakfast, held in the cafeteria. Seniors are expected to arrive at 9:00AM. After the breakfast, the Holyoke High Yearbook Editor-in-Chief will be presenting the Senior Superlative winners to the Class of 2023. 

The week of May 29th begins with no school on Monday for the observance of Memorial Day. On Tuesday, May 30th, Seniors are expected to report to school at 8:45AM. At this time, Term 4 Report Cards will be distributed. Honors Day will also be taking place during this morning session. The Valedictorian and Salutatorian of the Class of 2023 will be announced, among other recognitions. 

The day culminates with a graduation rehearsal. All events on Tuesday will be mandatory for all Seniors to attend. 

Seniors are expected to arrive at school on Wednesday, May 31st at 9:00AM. Class Day will be held in the HHS gymnasium at 10:00AM. The Senior class are welcome to bring family members and friends to Class Day, which will end with the Gary Rome Car Giveaway. Holyoke High’s Class Day is a mandatory event for all Seniors.

June 1st is the last Senior event day before graduation. Senior arrival at school will be at 9:00AM for the Stop the Swerve presentation, which is mandatory for all planning on attending prom. The Senior Prom will be held at the Log Cabin from 6-10:30PM. 

Seniors do not need to report to school on Friday, June 2nd. 

The class of 2023 Graduation Ceremony will be held on June 4, 2023. Seniors need to arrive by 10:30AM and the event will be held on McKenzie Field, weather permitting. Graduation will be held inside if the weather forecast does not cooperate. There will be no attendance restrictions unless graduation is held in the gym. 

The Herald wishes all members of the Class of 2023 luck as they prepare to culminate their high school career. Be sure to stay tuned for more updates, which will be made public to Seniors as they become available. 

The source used in this article is a Google Doc that is available to all Seniors on the School Counseling Google Classroom.