19th Annual HHS Musical Proves To Be Another Success

Sadie Pecia recaps the highlights of this year’s highly esteemed production of The Little Mermaid.

With the closure of 19th annual Holyoke High School musical, The Little Mermaid, the cast and crew are able to reflect on yet another year of great success. This year’s production was held from March 22-March 25 and every night the audience rushed through the doors and was excited to cheer on the students and watch the long hours of preparation that they put in to put on a perfect show. The cast took to the stage in their bright costumes and had the audience singing along to all the songs.

This year, in addition to singing, dancing, and acting, the students were able to tap dance and some roles even had students up on wires to create the effect of swimming and flying. The audience watched in awe as the students performed several jaw-dropping and highly impressive spectacles. While this was the final production for the seniors of the cast and crew, there were several young children who were given the opportunity to be a part of the show as turtles and fish. They were able to learn how the musical works and be apart of the show before entering high school.

The musical is truly a lot of work every year, but the cast, crew, and audience have a lot of fun being a part of it. The musical is a great way to showcase the amazing talent of the students and add a positive aspect to the city of Holyoke. The musical would not be possible every year without the support of local businesses and the leadership of Mr. Todd.

The past 19 shows have been very successful and the audience and students are excited to see what the next musical will be. Congratulations to the entire cast and crew for yet another great show!