Thanks To Our Sponsors!

Spring Sports 2023-2024

Hello Holyoke High school students! The Spring Sports season has ended and the Winter sports season is here. The sports that are held during the Spring sports season are boys baseball, girls softball, boys volleyball, unified track, co-ed outdoor track, and co-ed tennis! During the season, Holyoke High students are more than welcome to attend Spring games. As well, bring peers from other schools in the community to enjoy Holyoke High events and activities. 

The first few days of practice and games for the sports have started and it is all over the school. It appears that less people are participating in sports this year for the spring season. The reason behind it is theorized to be because of summer jobs opening up. Although it isn’t ideal for coaches, they look to the bright side for a competitive season. For example, it is apparent that the players that are participating in sports this year are returning players, leading to a hopeful run into the playoffs. 

Although the first few days of the sport has started, some players are still ineligible to play for a multitude of reasons. Athletic Team members Russell Bruce, Kevin Auffrey, and Mel Martin will and have been meeting with the participants of the sports reviewing if they’re eligible to play. The requirements to play are to have all your certificates done on NFHS and have a proper physical.

Requirements that the athletes will have to follow while they’re playing are to avoid being tardy, suspended, obtain passing grades, skipping, and in general not get in trouble. If students do not meet these requirements while participating they will not be allowed to participate in the sport.

A parent/guardian conference was held March 25th, 2024 to discuss with parents about the Spring Sport season, including the rules and regulations of the Spring Sports season as well as a group huddle with each sports coach talking about the events for that sport coming up.

The schedules for the sports have been posted on Arbiter Sports. More information about the games is posted on the Holyoke High Herald Sports instagram page, through teachers such as Mr. Chen, and through the instagram page of some of the players. For example, the teammates of the boys volleyball team have started posting on instagram videos on when the home games are happening and what players should expect watching them for more recognition to go to the games.

The following days of the next upcoming games for all of the sports as of right now goes as followed:

• Boys Varsity Baseball V.S. Northampton High School at 5:00pm on April 12th
  • Boys JV Baseball V.S. Northampton High School at 5:00pm on April 12th
  • Boys Varsity Volleyball V.S. Athol High School at 5:15pm on April 12th
  • Boys JV Volleyball V.S. Athol High School at 4:15pm on April 12th
  • Girls Varsity Softball at Springfield Central High School at 5:00pm on April 12th
  • Girls JV Softball V.S. Ware Jr/Sr High School at 10:30am on April 13th
  • Co-ed Varsity Outdoor Track at Holyoke High School at 4:00pm on April 23rd
  • Co-ed Varsity Tennis at South Hadley High School at 4:00pm on April 17th
  • Co-ed Varsity Unified Outdoor Track at Hampshire Regional High School at 4:00pm on April 23rd