Guild Dance Transforms into Cotillion

This year, due to the merging of Holyoke Catholic and Cathedral high schools, the freshmen/sophomore dance formerly known as Guild that hosted both Holyoke High and Holyoke Catholic students, will now be referred to as “Cotillion.”

The freshmen and sophomores at Holyoke High and Holyoke Catholic used to come together every Thanksgiving day weekend for an annual dance called the Guild. Due to Holyoke Catholic combining with Cathedral (now known as Pope Francis), the Guild is no longer a name Holyoke High could use for this dance. Cotillion is the new and improved name for this event. Girls are not the only ones who have to ask for a date as well, as Guild formerly was.

“It’s good for boys that don’t necessarily know a lot of girls so that they won’t be left unasked and can ask a friend themselves,” said Herald Staffer Brendan Leahy ‘19.

It was a Holyoke tradition for the girl to ask a boy or girl to Guild, but this new name comes with new opportunities leaving it open for the boy or girl to ask anybody.

Despite certain changes, Cotillion will still be hosted at the Delaney House as it was last year. Their staff has already figured out a delicious three course meal.

“I can’t wait to eat all the food there!!” Herald Staffer Tessa Moriarty ‘19 says. The committee that hosts Cotillion believes the food served will be chopped salad, tomato basil risotto or chicken alfredo, and nachos!

Tickets for this event are on sale on October 7th and 14th from 6-8 pm at the cafeteria entrance. Cotillion will be November 25th this year hosted at the Delaney house from 6-11pm. We hope to see lots of Holyoke High freshmen and sophomore  students there!