Prom Boutique Offers Affordable Wardrobe to Holyoke High Students

The Buisness Club will be opening a boutique with donated prom apparel and accessories to provide students who can’t afford a new dress or tux a chance to re-use someone else’s from a previous year.

Holyoke+High+students+at+last+years+Senior+Prom.+

Holyoke High students at last year’s Senior Prom.

Prom is an annual dance for High Schools and it has been for years, but let’s be honest what 17 or 18 year old student has $400 for a dress or $250 to rent a tux for one night? The Holyoke High Business Club has thought of an idea to help people who want to go to prom, but don’t have the of money to pay for it. 

The Business club will be opening up a store with prom attire. Anything that has to do with prom can be donated like heels, dress shoes, ties, men’s suits, gowns, pocketbooks, and anything that can be used at prom will be accepted to this store.

If you have anything you would like to donate, you can bring it to Mrs. Reardon in Room 201. Anyone can donate to the store, but only Holyoke High students can use the clothes in the store. For each item that you donate, you get a ticket entered into a raffle to win a $25 prize. The winning ticket will be chosen before prom.

If you pick out anything from the store and after prom you have no use for it anymore, just bring it back to the store so someone else can use it next year!

If your interested in using the store Mrs. Reardon says, “We will hopefully open up two times in February, depending on how many gowns we get.” 

The Business club started collecting items in December and so far they have collected four gowns.

When Mrs. Reardon was asked if she thinks a lot of people will donate, she replied, “I think it’s like anything new, people have to know about it, and it has to get rolling. But then hopefully people begin to donate a lot of different things in all sorts of sizes.” 

If the prom attire store does well, Mrs. Reardon and the Business Club hopes to do this for Junior/Senior and Guild also.

The Business club will never stop collecting items, so if you would like to donate anything you can anytime of the year!