Bene factum, omnes. Mirabile!

Mr. Moro’s Latin class participates in what has become a beloved HHS tradition: Classic’s Day.

On Thursday, April 6th, students of all grades in Mr. Moro’s Latin Class participated in Classics Day at the College of the Holy Cross. For the past 45 years students have partaken in a day long series of events relating to Ancient Greek and Roman Culture. High school students from all over the Northeast come to the event each year. Students can choose from three events in order to participate. Each year there is an art contest, a costume contest, and finally the certamen; atrivia contest on Latin grammar, mythology, history and lifestyle.

“It’s always a pleasure to take Latin students to Holy Cross College,” said HHS Latin teacher, and Holy Cross alumnus, Mr.Moro. “We competed well and had fun… Bene factum, omnes. Mirabile!” (Translated as “Well done to all. amazing!”)

The students who participated all had a lot of fun, especially being able to pile their plates with great food in the dining hall.

“Classics day was a really fun experience,” says Julia Pluta’19.”Who doesn’t want to have a whole day dedicated to Latin, good food and hanging out with Mr. Moro?”

Everyone is always excited to go to classics day but only 25 students can go. That being said, the sign-up sheet always fills quickly. For now, students are looking forward to sign ups next year to go again.