• Holyoke High graduation will take place 06/03!

• Congrats to Mr.Todd who received the Boch Center's "Music Teachers That Inspire"Award!

• The chess club is seeking new members! Meetings Mondays after school in Rm. 318!

New Age Old Tyme Wrestling Presents “Love on Blue”

The Holyoke Police Department and NAOTW will be holding a wrestling event that promises to be an exciting evening for all.

The+wrestlers+of+New+Age+Old+Tyme+Wrestling+are+coming+to+Dean+to+lay+the+smackdown.+
The wrestlers of New Age Old Tyme Wrestling are coming to Dean to lay the smackdown.

On Saturday, October 7 at Dean Technical High School, the Holyoke police department and New Age Old Tyme Wrestling will be hosting a professional wrestling event to benefit both the HPD and the HHS wrestling team. The doors will open at 6pm and the first bell will sound at 7pm.

“The proceeds of this event will go to the Holyoke Police Officers Ball Committee, and half of those proceeds will then be turned over to the Holyoke High wrestling team,” Said Cpt. Matt Moriarty of the HPD. “Also, we were hoping to get a couple 15-minute intermissions where we could play the national anthem, or all of the military hymns so that anyone who is or was in the military can stand up when they hear their hymn and take recognition for it.”

There will be a wide variety of wrestlers in attendence, who have no shortage of personality.

“I’m here to collect souls so you better back up a little bit,” said the wrestler known only as Soultaker. “I’ve been doing this for years and years, and this is something I just love to do, but I’m just here to collect souls so if you don’t want to be a part of that collection just step away.”

“No matter where we go or what we do, we just take over the show,” said wrestler “Five Star” Jase, tag team champion and one half of The Five Star Spect. “But as you can see I don’t have enough shoulders to carry all the gold that I’ve got.”

The wrestlers have many strong opinions about their opponents and all have one goal: to walk away as a champion.

“I just don’t like nobody,” said wrestler Honest Abe, the other half of The Five Star Spect, upon being asked who he hates the most out of his opponents. “At the end of the day, it’s all about the dollar, kid. I just want my money and I want to leave as a champion, that’s it.”

This event is sure to be both very exciting and beneficial to the city of Holyoke. A good turn out will surely send everyone home happy, and will benefit the HHS wrestling team. We hope to see you there on October 7th!