• Congrats to the Boys' XC Team on their undefeated season!

• The Robotics Club is seeking new members! See Mr.Belanger for more information!

Holyoke Knights’ Unified Basketball Team takes the win in their first Home Game

On Friday, October 26th, Holyoke High School’s newly established unified basketball team took on Granby at their first “Fans in the Stands” game. The unified basketball team includes students both with and without intellectual disabilities and allows them to participate together in a competitive team sport.

Unified sports create a greater sense of community in schools by bringing students together and teaching them new skills and how to work with their teammates towards a common goal. The members get a lot out of the experience as they gain valuable friendships, as well as basketball skills. “We’re family and competitors… that’s our motto” says Head Coach Efrain Ramirez.

The Knights started the game strong, ending the first half with a score of 24-18. The score remained very close throughout the whole game, but the Knights’ good teamwork and very strong offense allowed them to gain the win, ending with a final score of 38-34. After the game, the Knights were very excited about their accomplishment and Ari Burks excitedly reported“We won!” The Knights are excited to compete in the rest of their season games and are determined to play their best and gain more wins. “We’re going to the championships, we’re bringing it home” says Nasean Godbolt, ‘19.

Come support the team for the rest of their season and keep an eye out for Unified Track sign-ups at the end of the winter sports season if you’re interested in getting involved!

Schedule:

11/1 – Home against Chicopee, 4:00 PM

11/8 – Away at Northampton, 4:30 PM

There will be a Jamboree for all teams in the League the week of 11/13-16.