Thanks To Our Sponsors!

Winter Sports 23-24

Winter Sports 23-24

Hello Holyoke High school students! The Fall Sports season has ended and the Winter sports season is upcoming. The sports that are held during the winter sports season are boys and girls basketball, co-ed indoor track, co-ed swimming, co-ed wrestling and co-ed cheer! 

The first few days of tryouts (and practice) for the sports have started and it is all over the school. It appears that more people are participating in sports this year. The coaches are ecstatic about the increase in popularity. For example, it is apparent that the amount of indoor track participants have nearly doubled in players.

Although the first few days of the sport has started, some players are still ineligible to play for a multitude of reasons. Russel, Kevin, and Mel will and have been meeting with the participants of the sports reviewing if they’re eligible to play. The requirements to play are to have all your certificates done on NFHS and have a proper physical.

Requirements that the athletes will have to follow while they’re playing are to avoid being tardy, suspended, obtain passing grades, and in general not get in trouble. If students do not meet these requirements while participating they will not be allowed to participate in the sport.

The schedules for the sports have been posted on Arbiter Sports. The following days of the first game for all of the sports as of right now goes as followed:

• Boys Varsity Basketball at Tantasqua Regional Senior High School at 6:30pm on December 8th
  • Boys JV Basketball at Tantasqua Regional Senior High School at 5:00pm on December 8th
  • Boys Freshman Basketball at Amherst-Pelham Regional High School at 5:30pm on December 11th
  • Girls Varsity Basketball at Chicopee Comprehensive High School at 3:30pm on December 1st
  • Girls JV Basketball against Tantasqua Regional Senior High School at 5:00pm on December 8th at home
  • Co-ed Varsity Track at West Springfield High School at 10:00am on December 10th
  • Co-ed Varsity Wrestling at Granby Jr/Sr High School at 9:00am on December 9th
  • Co-ed Varsity Swimming at Turners Falls High School at 4:00pm on December 15th