Dodgeball Event Raises Money In Memory Of Student

Sports Management II will host the Dodge For The Blue Knight dodgeball tournament in memory of Erik Matos on March 16, 2016.

Photo+Credit%3A+The+Sports+Management+II+Class+Website+

Photo Credit: The Sports Management II Class Website

“Dodge for The Blue Knight” is a dodgeball tournament hosted by The Sport Management II  at Holyoke High School on March 16 at 5:00 pm.

erick
Erik Matos

In Sports Management II, students learn how to apply their theoretical knowledge gained from the first level course to actively plan and promote a sporting event. Not only are students able to experience a career in event planning, but they also take part in helping their community, which is one of the core values promoted at Holyoke High School.

This year, they decided to dedicate the event to the memory of Erick Matos. Erick passed away last year after a valiant fight against cancer.  All the proceeds from our the dodge ball tournament will be going to to the St. Jude’s Children’s Hospital. This organization not only does research about brain tumors, but also provides care for other children diagnosed with cancer.

If you want to make a donation you can visit our Go Fund Me account http://www.gofundme.com/blueknight or you can send a check to Holyoke High School and mail to HHS C/O Mrs. Reardon 500 Beech St. Holyoke, MA 01040.

“Dodge for The Blue Knight” will be held on Wednesday, March 16th at 5:00pm in the Holyoke High School’s large gym. There will be a $2 admission. Please come and join us to support Erick Matos!

[Editor’s Note: Although we appreciate everyone taking part in this event, The Herald’s dodge ball team promises victory.]